The IDEAS 4 Gender Equality Hiring Solution is an online step-by-step guide, designed for small to mid-sized Canadian businesses and organizations looking to refine their hiring practices to achieve greater diversity and equity.
What is an Inclusive Person-Centric Hiring Solution?
- Includes six tangible action steps that an individual business owner or decision-maker can take to set out policies and recruitment approaches for more inclusive hiring practices.
- Demonstrates the benefits of using an inclusive person-centric recruitment approach to meet current and future hiring needs.
- Provides opportunities for reflection, interactive activities, resource links and samples to support your journey.
This is “NOT” your standard hiring solution.
- Although it references many of the required steps for a solid hiring campaign, it focuses on how to use an intentional inclusion, diversity, equity, and access lens across the six-step hiring process.
- It will draw attention to some important work that your team will need to consider to support the short and long-term success of your new hire and existing team members.
Creating a community of belonging is how you will fully reap the benefits of your commitment to developing an Inclusive Person-centric Hiring Strategy, where the new hire and your organization as a whole can learn and grow together.
About the IDEAS 4 Gender Equality Project
- Incorporating IDEAS into the hiring process can engage underserved and underrepresented individuals and communities in the workforce by removing barriers and addressing structural inequities.
- Organizations that embrace IDEAS foster cultures that promote belonging, minimize biases, broaden their community appeal and outreach, and expand their candidate pool.
Learn more about the IDEAS4GE Project and how multi-stakeholder Solution-builders collaborated in the development of this resource.